Dear ladies and gents,
I was watching Supernatural the other day. And then it occurred to me – it’s been 10 years! 10!!!
That’s some marriages! Relationships! Jobs! In fact some marriages/relationships/jobs last a lot less.
So instead of being all like – OH NOES what am I doing with my time! And OH NOES where did the time go! I have decided to take on a more hm relaxed approach? Because you know… yes I might have been watching Supernatural for 10 years. And while it might not be all “PENNY IS MY CONSTANT”…
Image via Lostpedia
… it has been damn fun spending time with the Winchester brothers.
So let’s see what we have witnessed over the past 10 years (please bare in mind this is by no means an extensive list. I wrote stuff down as I remembered it, please feel free to share stuff in the comments):
- ALL the monsters! And who knew there were so many.
- Bobby dying.
- Bobby coming back as a ghost.
- Dean going to Hell.
- Dean coming back from Hell.
- Sam going all evil and sh*t.
- Angels exist.
- Lucifer escapes from Hell.
- Cas becomes human.
- Cas becomes an angel again.
- Cas’s head explodes. (sorry, had to include this)
- Sam loses his soul.
- Cas goes all evil and sh*t, thinks he is God.
- Cas comes to his senses.
- Leviathans try to turn humans into a food source.
- Dean goes to Purgatory.
- Dean comes back from Purgatory.
- Metatron chucks the angels out of Heaven.
- Sam gets possessed by an angel.
- Sam gets unpossessed by an angel.
- Dean takes on the Mark of Cain.
- Dean turns into a demon.
- Dean goes all evil and sh*t, becomes BFFs with Crowley.
- Dean turns into a normal Dean again.
And that’s where we are at ladies and gents.
The thing is sometimes I do need to remind myself it’s just a show. Because I can’t help but feel bad for the Winchesters. Good Lord, have they been dealt a shitty hand! Everyone near and dear to them keep dropping like flies. The monsters want to kill/eat/blow them up/drag them to hell. Sh*t just happens. ALL. THE. FREAKING. TIME. And Dean eating all that burgers can’t be good for him.
And them I’m all like…
But after 10 years I guess I am invested