Dear ladies and gents,
so I was watching Divergent the other night. Decided against seeing it in cinema, because well… I loved the first book. The second book was meh. I didn’t even bother with the third.
And it’s not the type of movie that I simply MUST see on the big screen. Unlike Guardians of the Galaxy. Or Avengers. Or the Hunger Games.
Be as it may – there I was watching the movie and the most random thoughts kept popping in my brain like so:
- these dauntless people, yes? What the what (WHAT THE WHAT!) with them running everywhere? I am all for getting your 10.000 steps a day, getting some cardio in and whathaveyou, but this was excessive. They like jogged all.the.freaking.time. Seriously, what is that about?
- Four, yes? NOTHING as I imagined in my head. Don’t get me wrong, Theo James is a handsome guy and all that (Kemal Pamuk what!), but he (in my opinion) lacked dunno charisma? Edginess? Something.
- Kate Winslet, yes? Good job on trying to hide her pregnancy with a folder. With A FOLDER! Come to think of it, it could have been worse. They could have made her hide her baby bump with a handbag. Also what the what with the hair? Was that a wig? It was super distracting.
- Divergent supposedly takes place in the dystopian Chicago, yes? Third most populous city in the United States? So what the what (WHAT THE WHAT) with all the white people? Ok there is Zoë Kravitz. And then you have Mekhi Phifer and Maggie Q who between them appear in maybe 5 scenes altogether? You’d expect the cast would be more racially diverse and all. Seriously.
- also the dialogues? It’s like something I might have written. And that is not a compliment.
It’s official – I is grumpy b*sh *sigh*